Remember just over a week ago I shared with you my plan to post 6 fresh and tasty recipes to my blog? Well, today is the day I share my first one! That being Thai style sesame meatballs with a delicately flavoured lemongrass rice on the side. It is a flavour sensation that won’t disappoint! It’s divine.
I cook loads and freeze portions for tasty work lunches. Here are the ingredients and steps.*
- Basmati Rice
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Cook the rice with the lemongrass
- Make a paste using a blender with the garlic, ginger, and some of the lemongrass (all chopped coarsely)
- Add the paste to the mince along with the breadcrumbs, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into meatballs and then roll them in the sesame seeds
- Sear the meatballs in a pan until golden brown with vegetable oil
- Transfer the meatballs to the oven (220ºC) until they are cooked through
- Add honey and soy sauce to the juice from the pan (this will be your glaze)
- Plate up the rice, meatballs and add a drizzle of the salty sweet glaze
*I’ve omitted quantities as you can put in as much or as little as you want!